Thursday, August 8, 2013

Get Busy

Shake that thing Miss Kana Kana
Shake that thing Miss Annabella
Shake that thing errr... sorry!
But that’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you those two words don’t you?
The song isn't what I’m writing about, though the thought of being constantly busy keeps playing in our head as much as Sean Paul’s song did in 2003.

Now, lets get down to business. What's this post really about? Like all my posts, we'll find out when we get there. For now lets look at different ways and reasons for being busy:

  1. Busyness v/s business
How would people around us know we're busy if we look like we are sitting idle? (The sole purpose of Google Chrome's incognito mode). You have done this too. The last time when you pretended you were studying an excel sheet when your CEO is right behind ya! Why doesn't he mind his own business? (shit! it is his business, isn't it?)

2. Relative busyness
No, I don't mean being busy when a relative wants to come over with her chubby kids (resulting in nasty fingerprints on your iPad all in the name of Angry Birds). What I mean is that while everyone says they are busy, it is in varying degrees. As an example, when I said I was busy 2 years ago, I spent 12 hours at work and travel. Nowadays, being busy means not having time to do anything at leisure after I watch my favourite soap. 

3. Busy as a bee
Well, bees are genuinely & naturally busy (there's a queen to please there). So unless you have a female boss, or are married to your queen, there's a slim chance that you can pretend to be buzzing around like you do. Everyone around really knows that its not what you do, rather you want to be the buzz. So the next time someone uses the term "Busy bee", I'll respond with "I'm sure shes a b**ch".


4. 'The number you have called is currently busy...'

I'm sure the operator is lying. Because sometimes I'm actually just chatting away with a friend because I have nothing better to do than discuss what I ate at lunch. But let's not blame the phone company, after all they are too busy playing with our 3G connections (explanation in another post ). So that's another way of proclaiming you're busy, when you're actually not. 

Now that we've got that out of the way, lets wrap up the post. Coz, you know, I've got other things to do too (read: candy crushing on facebook) Which brings me to another thought. How PRODUCTIVE are you? I mean would you accomplish a given game level in a stipulated time or would you go with the flow, just to keep busy? Do you have your productivity levels set? Think about it! 'Til then...

Lets get it on
Lets get it on,
Its all good, lets get it on! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment