Friday, September 14, 2012

Soaked!


“I’m soaked!” I sighed scrubbing my feet on the welcome mat as I entered home. My husband was already there, sipping on a cup of steaming coffee as I looked for a towel to dry myself. He looked at me and gave me a pitiful frown and sweetly asked if I wanted some coffee.

The rain today was unexpected, just like my day at work had been. What I thought would be a relaxed Friday at work turned out to be hectic and challenging. In the end, I was tired and left late from office missing my spa appointment too. All I wanted to do now was soak myself in a hot bathtub and lie there for an hour. Mais alas, we were to leave early the next morning for a friend’s place in Lonavala. Before that, I had to take control of the house. Man! This being a homemaker and working at the same time was taking a toll on me. I just didn’t have the time to do anything for myself. 

I made a mental list of the things I need to do- pack a bag, make idlis to carry en route and wash the clothes. All this and it was already time for dinner. We quickly packed our bag for the weekend, and I soaked the idli dal keeping a check on the time. That’s when I broke down. I was famished and still had to wash the clothes, which meant soaking them for at least an hour. “Arghhh! Enough soaking for the day!” I grumbled aloud.

That’s when hubby came to the rescue. Like a TV commercial, he brought out a pack of Surf Excel Matic, and held it in his hands, reading “The new Surf Excel Matic has the power of ‘Vibrating Molecules’ to penetrate deeply embedded stains & remove them effectively, so no soaking before washing!” I smiled at him and hugged him, saying “What would I do without you?”

With the clothes washed in a jiffy, we quickly had dinner. I relaxed in front of the TV, healing my aching feet in a bucket full of hot water and sea salts. He suddenly looked at me and said, “I thought you didn’t want any more soaking!” Yes, I threw a pillow at him :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment